What are your Feeding goals?
As an IBCLC(International Board Certified Lactation Consultant), my priority is to help facilitate a healthy breastfeeding relationship with you and your baby, based on your personal goals. If you are having trouble, especially in the beginning, I know how difficult and at times isolating that can feel. Getting help right away increases your chance of preserving and maintaining breastfeeding as much and for as long as you are hoping for.
An International Board Certified Lactation Consultant can make an impact by:
• Helping parents develop skills and techniques to ensure feeding goes well
• Providing expertise in the management feeding challenges
• Training other healthcare workers using current evidence based knowledge
• Collaborating with other healthcare workers to meet the family’s needs
• Investigating and participating in research
• Educating policy makers on the economic and health benefits of breastfeeding